vendredi 15 juillet 2011

A Moveable Feast with Allen and Hemingway

A few weeks ago, I went to the movies to see the latest film by Woody Allen : Midnight In Paris. It was really funny because when I went out of the cinema it was nearly midnight and I was in Montmartre, the perfect setting to see a vintage car coming out of the fog to take you back in the twenties with Hemingway, Picasso, Dali and the like :)


 I really enjoyed the movie, even if some pictures were too cliché to bear, many cameos made the film hilarious : Adrian Brody as Dali, Gad Elmaleh as a private detective who's going to be decapitated in the French revolution etc.

Woody Allen placed many allusions to famous books and movies in his characters' mouths and it made me buy the book by Hemingway called "A Moveable Feast" to put it in my summer reading list. I love Paris but Hemingway is not my favourite author. I hope that the book will reconcile me with him.
"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."
 And to finish here is his Nobel Prize acceptance speech where you can hear his very determined style :



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire